- Song must be 4 minutes or less as submitted in any of the following formats:
- Tape (casette)
- .MP3 download
- Songs must include printed lyrics
All submissions must include your signed application* and registration fee of $10.
*If you are under 18, your parent/ legal guardian must also sign the application.
- Videos must be 1 minute or less as submitted in any of the following formats:
- .Mov download
- Videos must include printed script
1. If entering a CD or DVD, submit the entry in a regular-sized CD case (not an ultra-thin case) and label the spine with entrant's name in black marker. Also, be certain that the entrant's name is marked directly on the CD, DVD, or tape.
2. A copy of the lyric sheet for each entry (please include English translation, if applicable, and type or print legibly).
3. Please include your email address on the lyric sheets. Do not send sheet music with your entry.
4. Email online entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. All entries must be posted on or before December 31, 2010.
6. Mail entries to:
Music and Video Contest
Dallas Holocaust Museum
211 N. Record Street #100
Dallas, Texas 75202
7. All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated on the entry form. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold Dallas Holocaust Museum harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
8. Be an Upstander Competition is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. If entrant is under 18 years old, the signature of a parent or guardian is required.
9. Entry materials (DVDs and CDs) submitted will not be returned to the entrant. ISC is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, incomplete, or misappropriated entries.
10. The finalists will be announced in January, 2011. Winners will be selected at a concert where the finalists perform their selected song!
11. Entrant agrees that should his/her song(s) be selected as a winner, DHM shall have the right to include the winning song(s) on the DHM Compilation CD. The proceeds from the sale of the songs shall sale be donated to the Be An Upstander campaign. You will still have the right to license your music to others as you wish.
12. Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). Be an Upstander will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted, other than those listed herein.
13. Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold DHM, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in ISC.
14. By entering this competition, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of DHM and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Rules And Regulations as established herein and which are subject to change.